Thread: Vista Not Genuine?!?!?

Vista Not Genuine?!?!?

I have recently got Windows Vista and have installed it normally on my machine. After that the same day there was some kind of failure and I had to retype my product key again. So after I have done that on the lower right side of my desktop it said something like:

Windows Vista
    Build 6000
    This copy of Windows is not genuine

Now I have paid 200$ to get this operating system from a site called CompUSA and it is still showing me that my Windows is not genuine? What should I do now?

re: VISTA NOT GENUINE?!?!?

Can you go to the below microsoft site and then click on Validate Windows and then restart the computer, see if the message comes back again or not:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

That is exactly the first thing that I did and still am getting the message that Windows is not genuine, any other ideas what I am suppose to do?

I will suggest you to try the online WGA Troubleshooter from the below link to check what is the cause of the problem and its solution. You will be walked through the troubleshooting process step by step. If your configuration settings are not correct, you will be provided with suggestions to resolve the problem. If your problem persists, you will be provided with information about where you can obtain additional assistance.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag

If still nothing is working for you then you should get back to the CompUSA and ask them to change the copy of Vista that you have purchased from their. Did you by any chance bought it as a part of the Family Package? If so then they might have given you bad keys from what I haev seen so far, so for that contact microsoft again. Also, if you have Quickbooks 2007 installed on your system then remove it because there is some kind of conflicts between Vista and the same software and microsoft has also released a patch for it, just try to update your copy.