Thread: Freezing on Disk.sys or crcdisk.sys?

Freezing on Disk.sys or crcdisk.sys?

I have got the OS DVD from microsoft and if I am trying to boot from it then it is freexing after the loading files at the very first time run. After that from XP when I ran the setup then it was able to copy files and then at the first restart it will again freeze in the same place? When I try to go into Safe Mode then it will simply lock up when loading the disk.sys. After so much of fiddling I came to know that the date was not proper, so I set the current date and time and my computer was not locking at the disk.sys and the installation was finished properly. But after the restart I started getting a lockup on crcdisk.sys. I thought that I did something in BIOs so I cleared the CMOS and got it all back to factory defaults and tried again, but still it froze on the crcdisk.sys again. So, is there anyone who can fix this issue?

I think that if we reduce the power requirements that it will not cause vista to freeze on the crcdisk.sys. It could be also a video card conflict if you have and it can also cause slow boot into Vista, you never know.

re: Freezing on Disk.sys or crcdisk.sys?

Even I was facing similar problem on my laptop but now I have solved it with the below method:

1. First of all you have to leave your laptop running until the battery COMPLETELY runs out.
    2. After that open up your laptop and then disconnect the RAM.
    3. Now you have to disconnect any fans you may have keeping in mind that not to run the laptop for too much longer time or else it will heat up the CPU.
    4. After that you have to disconnect the wireless card, cause it could be also an issue as many have noticed.
    5. Now you can try to reinsert one stick of RAM at a time
    6. After that boot in normal mode. Leave the laptop bottom open for some
    7. CPU cooling.
    8. If it worked, you can put everything back in, one at a time to see
    9. what was causing the problem.

re: Freezing on Disk.sys or crcdisk.sys?

I used the above solution and found out that there a bad ram stick in my computer and after eliminating it and getting a new ram stick, now am not getting the freezing problem of Vista again.