Thread: Unable to install second copy of vista in windows 7.

Unable to install second copy of vista in windows 7.

I recently purchased a computer that came with vista ultimate x64 pre-installed. I just wanted to say that I have upgraded for window 7 ultimate but you know I want to keep vista ultimate as well. Then I started to load the second copy of windows vista ultimate x64. When I started to load second copy using Vista x64 boot CD in my hard drive then process went 100% but after sometimes it just hangs. So can anyone tell me a solution so that I can keep Windows Vista x64 along with windows 7 that I have upgraded?

re: Unable to install second copy of vista in windows 7.

i think you should be aware of that the windows 7 upgrade license allows you to replace the previous vista and XP installation. Therefore it is not legal to dual boot. It is a version from where you are upgrading. It is also correct that your vista license is only for the installation of vista.

You can try to install Vista in any drive in your computer since Windows Vista resides on the same drive. One more thing is that, dual boot has own COA (number) and it can be used as a dual boot on the machine. If you upgrading a new “edition” that means you are upgrading a new version of the product. In that case I would say that you will not use earlier version. Here what you are doing is, you are installing over another installation or we can say that uninstall the old version and install the new OS and place the CD as well when it ask for it.

Actually vista license doesn’t support two installations in different partition of the same drive. I think that you are upgrading Windows 7 on same installation or replacing in existing installation, which is why you are not able to install Vista on your computer.