Thread: Drag and Drop error in Windows Vista

Drag and Drop error in Windows Vista

This is the first time I am seeing an error message in Windows vista regarding dragging and dropping. I have used Windows XP previously and i haven't faced any issue there. Currently there are several digital picture frames in my system and i have tried copying those images to memory card by dragging and dropping on my laptop but I am getting an Error Ox80070052 following a message saying "the directory or file cannot be created." I don't know whats the issue all about, i just want to fix it somehow.

Re: Drag and Drop error in Windows Vista

I think the problem is with UAC. As far as i am aware Dragging and dropping between applications with different rights is not permitted in Windows Vista. For eg if you try moving a file from Explorer into programs which was started as an administrator then it wont allow you to move if you might be logged in with other account. I will suggest you to disable UAC and try dragging and dropping after that.

I haven't faced any such issue in windows vista, i am not sure but i think that there might be some application in your system preventing drag and drop. If you are having some Security solutions like firewall and Antivirus then you can try disabling them for testing purpose. I cant think of anything else that might be causing this issue.

I don’t know what you are doing in your computer. I think that you are trying to drag files around inside the same folder or on same named folder. Are you trying to drag files from one memory card to another card? If yes then you might be having problems with the privilege levels of each app. You should also make sure that your SD card is not write protected by other third party software. If it so then you cannot put the files directly into the memory card.

As far as I know there are several memory cards that do not allow huge number of files or folders inside the root directory. Try creating different directory or folder in root directory and then try dragging and dropping files there. If you are still not able to fix this issue then you will have to format the memory card and retry dragging and dropping.