Thread: Please help ntldr is missing

Please help ntldr is missing

Something was going wrong with my system running on windows vista recently. I was encountering error messages like “windows\system32\boot\winload.exe missing and corrupt” as well as “windows\system32\stsem missing”. So today i had made up my mind for formatting the hard drive and making a clean installation of vista again. After formatting hard drive when i tried boot from vista dvd then i got an error message saying “NTLDR is missing Press CTRL+Alt+Del to restart”.

I simply rebooted the system and my system started loading fines but after some times i got another error on screen saying “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause …windows\system32\boot\winload.exe missing or corrupt … status 0x0000001…”.

I have now rebooted my system several times but i am not able to get rid of this error message further, can anyone let e know what might be causing it and what can i do for getting it solved? Help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Please help ntldr is missing

As per the Error i think you have bad hard drive. did you run qiuck formate or full formate to formate hard drive? and during the formate did you get the any bad sectore reported or something else ? I would like to suggest you to check out your hard drive by using the drive manufacturers utility to create bootable media or connect it to another system.