Thread: How can I restore registry from Windows Vista Repair CD?

How can I restore registry from Windows Vista Repair CD?

I need some help to deal with restoration of Vista through Repair disc. I am getting some error on Vista boot. I had checked the system restore points and there is none found. It looks System restore was disabled from long time. The only way to fix the errors that appear on the screen is by restoring the registry files back again. It is one of the best way to deal with the problem. I have a Vista repair disc. I want to know how does that can help me to fix the issue.

No I do not thing you can do that. Registry is configured when your system setup is over. But somehow you cannot restore it. You would have kept a backup before. If you still managed to find some way to restore registry through Vista disc, you will get more errors on replacing the same. It is better you run a system recovery and re-install Vista from scratch. That will give more life to the system.

It is right that you can only fix the registry if you export the same before. You can restore it through that. Each time when you add or remove any program from your system it makes some changes to the registry. There are tools like CCleaner that offers you a appropriate registry cleaning solution. You can use to remove the invalid keys.