Thread: Need help installing Windows Vista to a GPT partition

Need help installing Windows Vista to a GPT partition

I need some help to add Windows Vista on my system. Rightnow I am using Windows XP x64 here. It is a SP1 edition. I had used diskpart to create a gpt partition. The partition can be see in Windows. But when I go with Windows Vista installation the same partition is not visible. I am getting a error when I choose that for installation. I had tried to search on web for clue behind the error, but still the issue lies the same. I had searched the entire web for getting more information on it and even modified settings in bios. But still the issue lies the same.

I think Windows Vista does not support a gpt partition. You will need to get a more valid or working partition that will allow you to run Vista setup. It will be a waste of time in struggling to install Vista on the same.

I am also doubtful on the same. I think this might not work well. You must try to check Vista specification first how it really works. Is there any chances left to offer you installing Vista on what you are looking for. But it is quiet recommended that you must use the only most common and use partition formats. Or it is a complete waste of time.