Thread: Login Completely Blocked w/User Profile Service Failed the Login

Login Completely Blocked w/User Profile Service Failed the Login

I am suing a Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista with two user accounts, one of mine and other for my wife. None of us have changed our passwords since months. But since yesterday none of us are able to login in any of the account. Whenever we try login in, it gets failed with an Error message stating:

"User Profile Service Failed the Login"

I tried searching web for some help, found few articles with solutions, tried'em all but none of them worked for me. Can anyone please tell me what can i do? Thanks for the help.

Re: Login Completely Blocked w/User Profile Service Failed the Login

I think you need to fix it by going into Safe Mode. Restart the laptop, keep hitting F8 key after the BIOS screen, select Safe Mode option from the boot screen. Once in Safe Mode, try to reset your passwords from control Panel or from Right click My Computer icon on desktop > Manage > Local Users and Groups. Once done, try to login with the new passwords.

If still it wont help, go back again to Safe Mode and restore your system to any earlier restore point dated before your problem started.

Hello RaeS. Just follow the below steps. It has worked for many prople:
    • Click the Start orb
    • All Programs
    • Accessories
    • System Tools
    • Find System Restore
    • Right-click it and PIN TO THE START MENU

my friend has this problem too she cant login her user name and password has changed since 10 july 2008 . all we get now is error message saying user name and password not recognized. last thing i saw was window updates ready for install. computer will start but cant pass login
    dell win xp pro sp2

Figured out a solution. Restart computer. While windows is booting hit the F8 key repeatedly. This will bring you to advanced boot options. Select Last known good configuration and you should be good to go. At least it worked for me. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nfsjr View Post
    Figured out a solution. Restart computer. While windows is booting hit the F8 key repeatedly. This will bring you to advanced boot options. Select Last known good configuration and you should be good to go. At least it worked for me. Good luck!
    Did you find a solution as I have tried this and it just brings me back to password not recognized each time i try hitting F8 option.

If you are facing the problem like this then you can try to do the System restore to your computer and see if that is able to solve the problem for you. If you do not wish to repair the user profile then you can also try to delete the account and create a new user account. If none of the above is able to solve the problem then the only thing that is left for you is to do the clean install of the operating system and this will surely solve the problem for you. Thank you.