Thread: Vista and Permission Denied

Vista and Permission Denied

I have few very important programs related to my work which i was using since long time on Windows XP. Recently i upgraded my system to Windows Vista and installed all those programs. Installation went fine and they launch also without any problem. There is a data base associated with it and when I try to select different parameters from the data base it gives me an error message saying:

"Network Initialization failed. Permission denied. File C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Directory C:\"

As it says something about permission, i tried removing the security from there but yet the same error, no success. I thought to call up the manufacturer of this program but unfortunately they are no more in the business. So i wanted to know if there is any guy who might have faced the above mentioned error message? Please provide me some suggestion to get rid of the same. Thank you.

Re: Vista and Permission Denied

Well it would have been better if you would have mentioned the name and some info about the program you getting the error with. Anyways, just try out this and see if it makes any difference. In Safe Mode (F8 on restart) you can create a shortcut to the app, and set the Properties of the shortcut (advanced button on shortcut tab) to 'run as administrator'. Let us know the results.