Thread: Lost Taskbar at the Bottom

Lost Taskbar at the Bottom

As we all know we get a taskbar at the bottom of our screen which shows our opened Windows and programs. I was having this on my Vista until three days ago but now it has disappeared and not coming up at all. Even I am not able to see the Start Button anymore. As this is very new operating system for me, can anyone please tell me how can I recover or rescue the lost taskbar in Vista?

Many thanks for all your helps.

Re: Lost Taskbar at the Bottom

Probably you might have mistakenly set your Task bar to Auto Hide or it have gone Auto Hide by default. You can fix it simply by going to Start (Pres Win key on your keyboard to bring up Start Menu), type "Taskbar and Start menu" in the search box and press enter. On the opened window click on Taskbar Tab, and under under Taskbar appearance uncheck 'Auto-hide the taskbar'. Click Apply and OK. Thats it.

Thank you very much for the help Scott, you were right. My taskbar was set to Auto hide.

I truly appreciate your help.

Hello Andre, I hope you can help.
    I also lost my taskbar, clock, start button, etc at the bottom of my monitor screen. I reviewed your comments about auto-hide. I cannot hit Start on my keyboard because it is not visible and the start button on the keyboard does not then respond to display it. When I go to search for Taskbar in the control panel, it opens it but to the side of the screen where it is not visible. I cannot get to it by clicking on the taskbar at the bottom and choosing move to move the active window to the center. Nothing works b/c the taskbar is hidden. I am not sure what to do next. I searched regedit, but no luck.

Appreciate any help you can offer....
    Sincerely, Jo