Thread: Cannot exit Paint Shop Pro on Windows Vista

Cannot exit Paint Shop Pro on Windows Vista

I am using Paint Shop Pro in my system. I had purchased a new computer with Windows Vista on the same. I had first installed Paint Shop Pro 8. It did not worked well. The system freezed when I try to turn it off completely. Then I installed the 9 and the same issue. Does Vista is not compatible with this application. Is anyone using the same. I need a bit help on the same. Thanks.

Did you check the system requirements of Paint Shop Pro. Will that work on Vista or not. You must test the compatibility before installing it. Or else this kind of issues are much common. Try to get the most recent and updated version only. Vista also offers you compatibility settings. You can use them to run older application and it really works well. There might be some patches available that you can also try.

I am going to test Paint Shop Pro 9 on Vista. I am going to install that on Windows XP compatibility mode. I never thought Vista might have some issue with that. I was working on Windows XP and recently just upgraded to Vista. I hope this will work or else we need to find some alternative or much newer edition. I was using Paint Shop Pro 7 before on XP and it works quiet well.

re: Cannot exit Paint Shop Pro on Windows Vista

There are number of different threads I had seen which discuss about compatibility issue with Vista. It is found that Paint Shop Pro 9, is not compatible with Vista. You can use the same properly on Windows XP and it works really well. I am having a older system and hope that this is going to work on compatibility mode. But yet not tested. I will dual boot my system and then check back the same.

I am using the 6th Version in Vista. It is working fine. There is no issue with the setup nor with any other thing. The only thing that irritates is a small error on the screen. It gives a message that failed to update the registry. Other than this there is no other issue. I had upgraded that directly to 8. And still it is working fine, but it lags in between. I am having 2GB ram. Still the software lags in between but it works. So it is clear that Paint Shop Pro is not compatible with Vista. But in XP it works really very well.

That is right. I am using that on my Windows system. I am having XP here. I am using a old edition and upgraded. But yet there is no error. I stopped Vista upgrade just because of this reason. Some of my colleagues told that Vista is buggy and there is problem with using Paint Shop Pro.

I have a digital camera. I use it lot for my photo editing work. I have tons of photographs and I use Paint Shop Pro 8 to edit them all. I got this pre-installed in my Windows XP SP2 system. I had asked the vendor to provide me a license copy at the time of purchase. Later on after Vista upgrade. I am quiet not satisfied with the performance of Paint Shop Pro. It was working far more better in XP compared to Vista.

You will need Paint Shop Pro 12 in Vista. You cannot stick with the regular version. The older you go for the more poor performance you will get. It is already mentioned on the top that you need the most latest version of Paint Shop Pro to use it on Windows Vista. The more older you go for more slower system will be.

I use PSP 6 and have for years. I just installed it in Vista Home Basic. It works fine. The only annoyance is a window that pops up every time I start it with the registry message referred to above. I haven't tried to update the registry yet, but all I have to do is close that pop-up window and get to work.

"Failed to update the system registry. Please try using REGEDIT."