Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is consent.exe a virus or spyware

re: Is consent.exe a virus or spyware

Yes consent.exe is associated with Vista security feature. It is the UAC which works in the background and causing high system usage. The application is a bit resource intensive. You can disable that. And if you find consent.exe still working in your system background then simply scan your system for virus. There is no other option left other than looking for a new and powerful antivirus software.

re: Is consent.exe a virus or spyware

There is no choice. All Laptops are now assembled in China. Fox news calls it free trade. We deny free trade to allies like Columbia in Latin America but give special free trade exemptions to those who would harm us. Add to that software piracy, theft of intellectual property, currency manipulation, political and economic intimidation and you have sole sourcing of laptops from China.
    Last edited by malfunction44; 06-12-2009 at 11:49 PM.

I had the same problem with my Vista (consent.exe was running in my system but when i right click on task manager, it prompts me to click on the link to enable it to run as administrator). But, I manage to discover a trojan which was the main culprit to this issue. You may want to install AVG Anti virus available online. It's FREE (recommended, but you can always use other anti-viruses which can scan for trojan/malware/spyware) Link to download:

Once you run AVG, it will detect "Trojan horse Generic 15.ASHK" running in your C:User\.....\Roaming\sdra64.exe. When AVG has successfully removed this trojan from your system, you will not see consent.exe in task manager anymore. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12