Thread: Net Meeting between windows vista and xp

Net Meeting between windows vista and xp

We have over 10 computers at our Office. All are running with Windows XP SP2 out of which one is recently upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate. Now, i want to make desktop sharing of Vista system with other SP running systems over Net meeting. To do so i tried out the normal way as we do in XP by using Windows Meeting Space but it can't connect with Windows XP.

I did some searches on web about how to do the same Vista and found an article which says to install netmeeting on windows vista. They had provided steps to do which i followed correctly. but still it wont work. Do anyone here have any idea how can i successfully create desktop sharing in Vista with Windows XP ?

Thanks for your helps.

Re: Net Meeting between windows vista and xp

Hello madon. Just checkout this MS KB Article. According to this you must have Netmeeting version 3.02 to get Vista desktop sharing with XP.

Thanks for the help buddy. That sounds bit helpful but why isn't there any download link provided? I even tried searching for Net Meeting 3.20 download but cannot find it anywhere? Do you know from where can i get it? I have also created a query in Microsoft Support lets see if they can provide any help.

Well i dont know from where to download version 3.20 but i am using this one successfully on my Vista. If you want you can download the same from below page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Netmeeting has been well replaced by web conferencing, which is much more powerful and flexible. There are two types of web conferencing / desktop sharing solutions: hosted (e.g., WebEx, gotomeeting or gomeetnow) and on-premise (e.g., Lync software package or RHUB appliances).