Thread: The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll VISTA

The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll VISTA

This seems to be a fairly common error when installing a new service pack or when the msvcrt.dll has been changed by a 3rd party:

"The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dllthe dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

However, I got my new computer yesterday with VISTA and am trying to run a program and got this error message. Any ideas on how I can fix or work around this?

Thank you!

Similar thread but for Windows XP
    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=693137

Re: The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll VISTA

Hello Frank, most probably the above mentioned error message appears when somehow the Msvcrt.dll file is replaced by any third-party version which do not have _resetstkoflw (recovery from stack overflow) function. In such case you will need to replace the Msvcrt.dll file with the original version. To know how to do the same, follow the steps mentioned in the following MS KB:

Error Message: Procedure Entry Point Not Found in Msvcrt.dll File