Thread: error 1309 installing an application

error 1309 installing an application

Earlier i was using Windows XP with some of my important programs which worked very fine for years on XP. Now after upgrading the system to Windows Vista, when i try to install the same applications, i can see the installer updating registry settings but when it starts the "Copying new files" stage of the installation, it ends up with the following error message:

"Error 1309. Error reading from file: path\filename.sll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I tried installing it several times but every time i get the same error message after installing about 14 files from the package. I am logged onto the machine as a domain user and that account is in the administrators group for the machine. As per troubleshooting i disabled UAC but that dint helped in any way. Do anyone of you have any idea what could be causing the problem and how can i fix it?

Many Thanks for all your helps.

Re: error 1309 installing an application

Can you tell me what is the exact program/application you are trying to install which creates the said error message? Always explain the problem in details to help us analyze the problem and to provide your proper solution. Anyways, there is an Microsoft KB article describing the same problem but it is for Project 2003 and Office related problems. Just check out the article and follow the steps provided:

You receive an "Error 1309. Error reading from file".

If it fixes the problem, well and good and if not, reply back with your exact program which is creating the problem.