Thread: how to recover administrator password??

how to recover administrator password??

I need some help with recovery of my system password. I am not able to do the same. I had forget my laptop password. I tried to use different one here but none of them is working. Can anyone simply guide me how can I simply go with a simple procedure of locating the password back. I tried many things but nothing worked. I was facing some logon issue before. And just a few days ago I had changed the password. I had kept the guest account on. Can that be used for the recovery.

Re: how to recover administrator password??

I do not think there is any way for the same. The only option left here is to format your pc and install windows back again from scratch. Long ago I had forgot my laptop password. I tried many things but nothing worked. The only last option left was to run a full system recovery and the password was wiped out. So you might also have to do something like system recovery to remote the password.

If you are having a desktop then there is a option available by which you can simply remove the password. For that you will have to remove the board battery and then insert it back. It is the cmos battery. When you remove it, the cmos settings are cleared and the password is removed. So just remove the battery and insert it back again. The password will be removed and later on you will be able to login to your system without adding password.

You can try running and full repair setup. The repair setup just overwrites the existing system files and work really well. There is one more way in Vista. Boo your system with Vista cd and then click on Repair your system. In that click on cmd and then in the command prompt type the following : net user hit enter. This command will give you the list of account in your system. They type net user nameofaccount * and hit enter. Press enter two to three times and the password will be removed.

There is one more way to remove the password. For that you will need to download and install ophcrack in your system. Ophcrack is a nice utility that scans windows for the password in windows and shows you the same on your screen. It is very easy to use. You can try a number of live disc here also to backup your data if you are simply planning to complete format your pc and install windows back. Before doing this just try ophcrack here. That will be simply more appropriate I think.

Yes you must try Live CD's. There are many Live CD that you can go for. It is one of the best way to backup your system and number of LiveCD also gives you option to restore your windows password. You will need to search that on web. I think that will be more appropriate here. While you can also run a repair setup. But I do no think that will wipe out the password. There are few chances of getting it back.

That is why I use windows image file here. I keep the in other folder which lies in D drive. The windows directory always remain empty. So if such issue occur or if there is some kind of virus file, then I use the image file to restore my system completely. That works really well. You can use ample of disc cloning tools here. For the current issue just open your system case properly by turning it off completely and then remove the cmos battery. And then test back.