Thread: Windows Vista: error 1719!! Help!

Windows Vista: error 1719!! Help!

I was using my Dell laptop with Windows XP since past 3 years. Finally decided to go with Vista. Bought a genuine copy of Windows Vista Home Premium and installed it without any problem or error. Its been a month i am using it without any problem but recently i had some problem with MS Word. Doing some searches told me to repair office installation. I went to control panel and tried repairing the office uninstallation but it ended up with an error message saying:

"Error 1719 ,Windows installer service could not be accessed"

First i dont know what is it. After few hours i tried cleaning my system by removing some unwanted applications like ACDsee. While trying to uninstall the same, i got the same error message again. So now it seems like the problem is with Windows installer. But i have no idea how can i fix it. Can anyone please tell me any working solution for the same?

Many thanks.

Re: Windows Vista: error 1719!! Help!

Seems like there are several users facing Error 1719 with Vista, including me. Mine is Vista Ultimate edition 32bit and this error wont allow me to install or uninstall anything from my system. Though it is my own computer, i cannot do anything on this. Sad. In order to fix the same i have tried hard since past two weeks and tried out several things but nothing helped.

I searched Microsoft and found some fixes in KB315346, applied them all but still the same problem. Searched Microsoft support forums, found few fixes, applied them but yet the same thing. To make sure problem is not due to any Virus or Malware, i updated my Antivirus, ran deep scan but it dint found anything wrong. Even tried re-naming msi.dll, msihnd.dll and msiexec.exe and re-installed them from my installation disk but yet the same result.

Now i dont have any idea left to try out. Hope any MSFT guy here can help with this.

Not sure whether this will help but you can give it a try. Just download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from Microsoft download center, cleanup the system and see if it works. You can get more information about this program here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Hello Susan. Did you tried going to Start > msconfig > services > disable all > check the windows installer. Reboot the system . After doing this i hope you will be able to repair, uninstall or install programs.

I tried your suggestions too buddy but seems like even it cannot help. I disabled all the services, then checked the installer and restarted computer, no success. But seems like there is a new problem. After doing this i got an error message saying that my copy of Vista was not genuine. Damn, i have bought it from Microsoft, it is genuine copy. Hence i redo all the changes and after rebooted the problem disappeared. So at conclusion, doing those changes in msconfig may create genuine advantage problem.

I even tried installing Windows Installer cleanup utility but that too doesn't seems to be working. Still getting the same 'Error 1719' message.

RE: Windows Vista: error 1719!! Help!

Seems like i found the cause of this issue as well as a fix for the same. After doing several researches i found that the problem is with a service called Iolo DMV Service. It starts automatically along with your windows. This service was installed as part of System Mechanic 7 and even though I had removed System Mechanic it was still there as part of the start up.

I simply disabled the same from Computer > Manage > Services & Applications > Services. Guess what, no more Error 1719 on my system. You guys hsould try this out. Hope it works for you as well.

Open your command line and type the following text there. regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msi
    Finally push Enter.
    This is the solution that helped me.

May be this as well. I was having the same problem. I did some digging in the registry and when I changed the following key value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer\WOW64

from a 1 to a 0, I clicked on the .msi file, since then the problem got fixed. Not sure but may help someone facing the said error message. Give it a try.

Wow, thank you so much, I hope you get this message, I have been fighting with this error for almost 2 years, I have been on phone with microsoft, some of my updates would not update because of the installer. I followed your notes and wow its working now, the program I could not get to install is there now. THANK YOU SO MUCH, PLEASE REPOST YOUR NOTES FOR OTHERS, I HAD TRIED SO MANY OTHER IDEAS AND NONE OF THEM WORKED, THANK YOU AGAIN