Thread: Microsoft Works 8 Spreadsheet

Microsoft Works 8 Spreadsheet

I need some help with Microsoft Excel. I am trying to print some files through that and when I do that I am getting a error associated with the same. I am using here Microsoft Works 8. When I print something it gives me a error that program simply stopped working. I am having Vista. And I think this might work well. I tried to check the printer settings also. But still the issue lies the same. It just keeps on giving me a pop up error on the top about printing stuff. Can anyone here help me to fix the issue.

Try to run system repair. That would fix the issue. There can be some problem with the printer settings or driver. I will advice you to update that once again. Go inside Device and Printer and there checkout whether the printer is properly installed or not. If the printer shows you offline or any other kind of issue then the problem lies with the setup. You have to update the drivers here back again properly and then print back.

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Spreadsheet

After adding a dummy printer (HP 990C) as my default, I can now preview and print the spreadsheet to the dummy, which is really my HP 7210. Go figure! It didn't work, though, until I printed the test page. When I skipped that step, preview worked, but print failed.

Today is the first day I am using my HP Computer with Vistal. All my files from Windows XP have been transferred. Some I can read, others give me and Error message stating that Microsoft Works 8 has stopped running. This also happens when I try to print. I use this computer for work. I spoke to HP but they were unable to help.

MS Works Spreadsheet workaround

To veryone using MS Works spreadsheet I have had the same problems as all of you. I have found a work around until Microsoft fixes this issue. Vista comes with a printer driver called Microsoft XPS Documents if you send a print to this it will save a file for you, and then you can then print your file out to your printer in the mean time.

I have brand new computer with version MS Works 8

The version I have is MS Works 8.5, having tried several of the suggested solutions to the problem of Works 8 shutting down, I just gave up and now use a free Google spreadsheet, which works and prints just fine. Tired of waiting for a "solution" from Microsoft.