Thread: Blue screen caused by spyware

Blue screen caused by spyware

My Vista system is infected with Spyware. It entered in my system through a toolbar. It was related to some free games. Now once it was installed my system keeps on crashing. I am getting a blue screen. I had restarted the system, gone in safe mode and removed that toolbar but still the same. I checked in my antivirus which showed me some webroot spysweeper detected. I am not so good in computers, so I need help to deal with situation. How can clean my system properly and get rid of this spyware. And the bluescreen is quiet frequent now. My system does not even works stable for a hour.

RE: Blue screen caused by spyware

Windows Vista comes with a powerful spyware tool called as Windows Defender. There is no need to use Spysweeper. Ample of antivirus that comes on web are fake. They are called as rogue antivirus. It is not easy to determine which file is not infected. It is one of the nasty virus that cannot be removed easily. It is also not worth to run system restore, as the virus is already in your computer. What antivirus are you using. Check in Task Manager > Processes. You can see a spysweeper.exe process in that. End task it and then go on Control Panel and remove it. If still you are facing the same issue then you have to re-install Windows. Take backup of your data.

Re: Blue screen caused by spyware

Just get rid of Spysweeper. And a spyware is not installed in your system due to a toolbar. Spysweeper is itself a fake antispyware tool. Check in your Start Menu you had installed that also in your system. You have to remove the completely from your system or else the issue will be worst. First boot in safe mode and scan with a good antivirus software. If you are using a free edition of antivirus then just check that it is updated or not. If situation is not worst it can be removed easily through Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Mention the blue screen error details here. I am sure that is not due to that spyware. There some other issue in your computer. There can be more number of virus installed in your computer.

RE: Blue screen caused by spyware

It is right, that the bluescreen can also be due to some other issue. Spyware can infect your system and reduce the performance. What is the error that you are getting. The only effective way to remove this is uninstalling the spyware tool completely. Hope you are not getting any permission errors while removing the same. If you are getting any error while removing it like access denied or unable to remove them better end the process in Task Manager or perform the uninstallation in Safe Mode. There are some better third party unintaller software called as Revo. You can use this to remove the software completely.

Same Problem

My HP Pavilion laptop has effected with the same thing just 4 days ago. I had removed that but again it installed automatically in my system. Now I started getting blue screen. I do not understand why my antivirus is not able to stop that thing. This spy sweeper is very annoying. It is a bit complicated to remove it completely. Isn't there a direct way that can allow me to get rid of this thing completely. I had scanned the system in safe mode, repaired windows registry after uninstalling it, but still nothing worked out.

Re: Blue screen caused by spyware

Your Blue screen prob is the same one I got. It can be caused by an incompatible third-party program being installed. It seems that "Spysweeper" is incompatible. I suggest you uninstall it.