Thread: Uninstalling Mcafee on Vista

Uninstalling Mcafee on Vista

I am looking for some help here to remove McAfee from my system. It came installed with my pc and now the trail is expired. I want to remove it and install some free edition of antivirus on my pc. When I try to remove the same I am getting a problem. There is a error on the screen which says "to uninstall properly you need to reinstall Mcafee from the CD ROM and the uninstall it again". This error appears each time when I try to remove it from control panel > add remove program. Without removing it I cannot install any other antivirus. Can anyone help me here.

You are getting the error because the installation is damaged. First you have to install it back again and then you can remove it. For that just go on the official website of of McAfee antivirus and then download a fresh setup. Run the installation first and then remove it back. That is the best way of wiping out it completely. And then you can move ahead with installation of fresh antivirus back again. I am sure it will work fine.

The problem also occur due to pending registry files in your system. It is essential that you must simply run a good registry cleaner software which will be simply more helpful in fixing the problem you are facing. You can here first try system restore. Use a old date to restore your system settings and then move ahead with fresh installation once again. I think that would be simply enough to fix the issue. Once system restore settings goes well you can then move ahead with un-installation.

The issue occur when the installer is damaged. It can be due to in-appropriate removal. It is quiet necessary that you must go with fresh setup of McAfee as mentioned above and then wipe out the antivirus from your system. System restore can help but it is not sure that it will really work. There can be problem with restoration. A registry cleaner is a good choice here. But it does not fixes damaged registry files. It just wipe out the pending files. That's all.