Thread: Access Denied to Documents and settings

Re: Access Denied to Documents and settings

I am trying to open Documents and Settings folder from a image file. When I try to open the same I am getting a access denied error. This is really weird. I am having a clone copy of another pc which has some of my documents. Now when I try to open the same I get a access denied error. I am not able to figure out the problem here. I am having a single account on the system which is admin. There is no other account. How can I open that folder.

The issue lies with File Permission. As you said that you are trying to open the folder from a image file. The folders are locked by user account of that particular pc. You can try one thing here. Just create the same account in your pc and then check back. If that work then you do not require to any other thing. But if not then there are some third party tools which can help you to access the folders. There is a tiny utility called as unlocker which wipes out permission settings of a file or folder.

Re: Access Denied to Documents and settings

If you are logged in as admin then the issue must not appear. I am giving you a link below which can help you to manage the user privileges. Just check the link and then checkout the file properties and then see what you can do to fix the issue. The problem lies with locked file permission that can be resolved. It is not so complicated. Just follow the steps mentioned on below link and then check back.

How to: Lock and Unlock Folders or Files

The reason you are not able to open those files is because those are protected. Try unlocker it works fine. Recently due to ample of virus infection on my pc, there were many folders which are locked. I used unlocker to open them all and it worked. I was able to access the files and there was no issue with the same. Unlocker works manually on a single file. You have to right click on each file and then unlock it one by one.