Thread: Can't complete Installation - Blue Screen of Death post first boot

Can't complete Installation - Blue Screen of Death post first boot

I am trying to install Vista 32bit OS on my system. But the setup does not work properly. Whenever I try to run the setup after a few while the system restarts and give a error on the screen. The error -- cant complete installation. I am getting this error on every new setup. It just does not finishes. I was using Windows XP before on my system. It was working fine. My friend has suggested me to dual boot the system. But I thought installing a fresh setup will give more performance and wipe out old malicious files. What should I do know to fix the problem. Thanks.

The crash might be due to some internal hardware in your system. You must remove all the usb and other connected device and then try to run the setup. Does your system has a raid controller type thing. If yes then there are less chances that Vista might install properly. Just keep the keyboard and mouse only connected. Do not add anything. There can be printer, webcamera or usb hub devices. Even remove the lan connector if there is any. Then try to run the setup and once it is done go with fresh driver upgrades.

RE: Can't complete Installation - Blue Screen of Death post first boot

I am too having a similar issue with Windows Vista Beta setup. It is released recently and I am hoping to get a stable setup. The setup goes fine but as it reaches to 90% it crashes. I cannot figure out what is causing the setup to crash. The same OS works well on my friend PC which I had formatted recently. There is a bluescreen error on my screen.

I am having the same issue, I am doing an upgrade install over xp sp2 and everything seemed to be going fine up until, as was stated, the installer restarted my PC at about 90%. The pc will now just go into a blue-screen restart cycle with the exception - IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL (Normally I'd think memory, but the memtest tool on the vista disk found no errors) then it dumps memory and restarts again. I have tried: Removing all peripherals barring the necessities > same result. Booting to safemode to see if install can complete there > install cannot complete in safemode. Booting to last known good config > bluescreen again. Running the repair tool from the Vista disk > "Searched for problems" for 3 hrs, after which I stopped it. Checking settings in bios to make sure no changes had been made > problem arises here because the PC that I am installing on has an older bios in which I cannot check / change the gfx memory aperture which had success with. Normally I would just update the bios to address this but I am thinking that updating now might !#$@ any possibility of success. Any advice would be appreciated - I am currently planning on reverting back to xp if it is still possible at this point. (EDIT) Apparently I got far enough into the install that rolling back to xp isn't available, nor can I boot xp :(
    My specs:
    • AMD +4000
    • Asus A8N-E
    • ATI Radeon x1900xt
    • 1GB Corsair
    • SATA WD
    Last edited by Raj; 25-10-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Update

What is the edition you are using. Is it a 32bit or 64bit. Whoever format its system must verify the same first. Because there might be some major failure if you are using or trying to install wrong version. Vista is 64bit has maximum issue with some old drivers. You must disconnect all your hardware, except a keyboard and mouse. Also go in bios and disable all the unneeded stuff. This will make your setup more stable and you can avoid such kind of crash problems. Did you tried a upgrade setup. I think that would also work really well.

I got the troubles on 2 machine at the time of upgrade. I was trying to install Vista 64bit on both. But some how the setup crashed in between. For the first system I was able to manage the setup by removing internal raid card. In the second one the issue occurred due to Liteon DVD. The internal IDE cable caused the problem.