Thread: No suitable graphic error after re-installing Windows Vista

No suitable graphic error after re-installing Windows Vista

I had formatted my pc. It is having Windows Vista. I am having all set of disc that I got with the system at the time of purchase. Now I am trying to clean format my pc and having a weird issue here. First the setup stucked at 50%. It was not moving ahead. So started everything again. I am having two hard drive in my pc. The one is old 80GB drive and other one is new 500GB. I first tried to install Vista in old drive where it stucked and when I changed the installation drive, the setup was over. Now I am getting a new error on the screen. It is "Critical Error - No suitable graphics devices found". How to fix it.

Re: No suitable graphic error after re-installing Windows Vista

The error is associated with your system graphic card. Vista is not able to detect any of those due to which you are facing problem. Just keep on install drivers the problem will be resolved. Try to run the chipset drivers first and then update your video drivers. That's all.

That can be resolved once you run a proper drive udpates. That is the one of the most easiest way to fix the issue. Ample of time new setup is not able to locate proper drivers due to which you get the problem. You also said that when you were trying to install Vista on your old drive it stucked at 50%. So there are chances that this drive is having bad sectors. It is necessary first you check whether all your hardware is properly connected in your system and then only move ahead with other stuff. Just open the system case by turning everything off. Then one by one reconnect all the cables and then test back. I think that will be more than enough to fix the issue. Go in bios and check the drive, processor and ram is listed. You can then run chkdsk command in cmd to checkout the issue with bad sectors. If there are any bad sectors detected then the old drive is going to die soon. It is necessary that you use it in temporary basis only. The second thing you have to do is run a full system update once you are done with proper setup and driver installation. Windows Updates will add more stability to your operating system adding new stable files and this works really well. I keep my system updated due to which critical system errors are automatically resolved.

I do not agree with that. Windows Update screws the system performance. I am having really bad experience with that. Windows Update keeps on adding new stuff due to which the system just keeps on getting slower. Install only required updates and ignore other things.

The error which you had mentioned mostly appear if you try to run same new video games. I got this on Vista while running WOW. The game installation was well. But when launched it, there was same error. It was due to my graphic card. Due to outdated drivers this kind of error appear. Vista here works on the basic video driver. That is not capable of running high end graphics. It is necessary that you must visits the official website of that graphic card manufacturer and download the most latest video driver updates. Run them in your system and done. Once the drivers are updated your all games will work fine. Ample of time through Windows Update also you get important video driver updates. You have to run that also. It adds more stability. I think the issue can be only resolved once your system gets proper drivers. Try to test the same on existing vga mode. Connect the monitor directly to the motherboard display port and then test back. If there is no error then the problem can be resolved instantly.

You had formatted your system due to which your old graphic settings are wiped out. This can be also the cause of issue. Vista is bit buggy with drivers. You will have to locate the right video driver version for your system or else you will keep on getting the issue.

It is correct that Vista is bit buggy with different driver version. That is a bit annoying part here. I had also faced ample of problem while installing a old graphic card on my Vista system. It was detected well but when I connect my monitor on the gpu there is a black screen. I am not able to see anything on the screen. I tried various settings here but nothing worked. First the problem with the driver version which I was using. I was having a disc of that gpu which has only XP drivers. I first ran the setup. When it did not worked then I removed it and went with the manual process of installation. Through Device Manager I manually choose to update drivers and provided the link of optical drive. The drivers setup started here and the card was installed. But whenever I try to play same games I land into that error. Later on I went to the official site of gpu manufacturer where I found a separate driver for the graphic card. It was specifically listed under Vista section. I downloaded that and installed in my system and it worked. There is no issue at all.

You must have tried Drive Detective. A nice driver updated software that works really well for any system. Driver Detective tries to locate the best driver version for hardware installed in your system. You do not need to go with any manual process here.