Thread: 2 BSOD in last few days - help?

2 BSOD in last few days - help?

I've gotten 2 BSOD in past few days and its starting to worry me.
    The latest one was this morning at 830am - the computer left me a "Kaspersky antivirus"-related solution but I don't even have this installed (using NOD32). :\

Event log/viewer seems to show something about a WMI process, with the following error at 8.32am (guessing its the source?) - Scrolling down I'm noticing it popping up here and there down the events log...

{today's message}
    Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

{28 April's error detail}
    Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I've found the .DMP files (Minidump?) but clueless what to do with them... couldn't open them with any program I could think of - not sure if it'll give people an idea what's going on, but I've uploaded them as zipped files just in case.

Todays: http :// dl.dropbox. com / u/ 65524663 / Mini050112-01.rar
    28th April: http : // dl.dropbox. com / u/ 65524663 / Mini042812-01.rar
    (sorry for the spaces; apparently not allowed to post URLs..)

Any help would be great!

Re: 2 BSOD in last few days - help?

I found some relative link which can help you to troubleshoot the issue. I hope this is not a operating system issue. Basically BSOD appear due to improper ram. Microsoft offer a number of fixes if you search that error on web. Just refer the below links and try the steps provided in that. I hope that can fix the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2545227

Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    I found some relative link which can help you to troubleshoot the issue. I hope this is not a operating system issue. Basically BSOD appear due to improper ram. Microsoft offer a number of fixes if you search that error on web. Just refer the below links and try the steps provided in that. I hope that can fix the issue.
    But that's only hiding those messages, and the information says its not a problem with the system itself, but a BSOD wouldn't be triggered by an event that Microsoft says isn't an indication of issues with the OS....?

Quote Originally Posted by salxtai View Post
    But that's only hiding those messages, and the information says its not a problem with the system itself, but a BSOD wouldn't be triggered by an event that Microsoft says isn't an indication of issues with the OS....?
    I just wanted to know that are you sure that you are not having Kaspersky antivirus installed? i mean have you checked out for its instance in your system?? does the bsod started coming up suddenly? do you suspect something that you might have installed or changed in the system before the bsod started occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kh@LnaYak View Post
    I just wanted to know that are you sure that you are not having Kaspersky antivirus installed? i mean have you checked out for its instance in your system?? does the bsod started coming up suddenly? do you suspect something that you might have installed or changed in the system before the bsod started occurring.
    I've never installed Kaspersky on this PC - and have double-checked and it hasn't been installed by other programs either.

and yep, BSOD doesn't seem to have a reason or trigger - it happened while I was doing an assignment on the 28th of April, but then when it had been sitting idle overnight (with a torrent program running in the background).

No upgrades/system changes have happened close enough to the BSOD dates to suspect a link, as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by salxtai View Post
    I've never installed Kaspersky on this PC - and have double-checked and it hasn't been installed by other programs either.

and yep, BSOD doesn't seem to have a reason or trigger - it happened while I was doing an assignment on the 28th of April, but then when it had been sitting idle overnight (with a torrent program running in the background).

No upgrades/system changes have happened close enough to the BSOD dates to suspect a link, as far as I can tell.
    Ok, i have checked about the same and i have found that the error is caused by Tok-Currhatus-1233 and Bron-Spizaetus which are two Root Worms, to get rid of the same type msconfig in the search bar of windows , if the system is infected then it will shutdown and restart.If it happens so then reboot the system in Safe Mode with Networking run msconfig command again after that in the Startup tab just disable the Tok-Cirrhatus, Bron-spizaetus along with the ones that you does not recognize. Make sure that you are rebooting the system after making changes in the start up.Now run a virus scanner and remove the Root Worm's.