Thread: Kaspersky Antivirus Database Corrupt Problem

Kaspersky Antivirus Database Corrupt Problem

Hello, I recently wanted to update my Anti Virus Program named Kaspersky.
    I was trying to update my 2011 version to the 2012 version.
    I inserted the Kaspersky Disc during my computer startup, it than took me to Install Kaspersky, I entered all the details like Language, ect. After I entered it, it started to install/update. Now while it was installing/updating I've accidently hit the Open tray and Reset button!
    So the disc tray opened and my computer restarted while it was installing/updating. It started up again, and I went back to the Install disc again. After going through the options again, it showed the Kaspersky window and up the top in red it said "Databases corrupt". I tried re installing it again but it is still saying that it is Corrupted, I tried roll back, but that didn't work either. So I just decided to exit it and go to my desktop.
    I restarted my computer and took the disc out, after a minute or so I got a blue screen saying "Windows shut down to prevent damage to your computer" and it said something else saying "Disable or uninstall any Anti virus, disc defragmentation, or backup utilities".
    I got out the Windows Vista disc and put it in, restarted and loaded the disc. I went to "Repair my computer" then "Repair startup files" After a while it finished, I restarted. I didn't get the blue screen, but instead I just got a black screen with my cursor on it. I can move it around and nothing else, I cannot bring up taskmanager by going CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. I tried tapping SHIFT 5 times for that BEEP and the message that pops up, but still nothing.
    I then restarted AGAIN, and something else came up. It said two things:
    Windows Vista
    Windows Vista Home premium (Recovered)
    I went to the "Windows Vista Home premium (Recovered)" option and the computer loaded up perfectly, the desktop showed up, Internet worked, all working, right? Well it didn't, I went to My Computer and the C: drive didn't show up, only my other drives, and the C: is MY most IMPORTANT drive on my computer, I needed it with all the Work, information stored on it.
    I restarted again and went to the "Windows Vista" option, and that was the not working one, it came up with the Black screen and cursor, so I assume it is the one with C: drive on it.

I went back to the Repair my computer, and went "Repair startup files" again. It finished, and I checked the logs of it. At the bottom of it it said "Registry files corrupt".
    I than went to "Command Prompt" in the repair my computer and typed "C:" and then "regedit" I went through the files until I got to System32 config folder, there was a backup folder and it had the backup files within it. I replaced the corrupt files (The System, Software, Sam, and Security) with the backup ones. So then, I went back to the repair my startup files. I checked the logs again and it said successful, and up the top it said "Windows found nothing wrong with your computer".
    I restarted and STILLLL the black screen with cursor!
    I'm out of ideas I don't know what to do, please help!

Re: Kaspersky Antivirus Database Corrupt Problem

It is because of some system files which is corrupted or damaged. Try to press Ctrl + Alt + Del and in Task Manager go on File > New Task (Run) > type explorer.exe and hit enter. If the system freezes try to boot in safe mode and remove unnecessary tools. Try to run system restore from safe mode one more time. If all this stuff does not work you will need to re-install your operating system back again.

Installing and reinstalling Windows Vista