Thread: How can I make my Sandisk flashdrive bootable?

How can I make my Sandisk flashdrive bootable?

Hi I really need some help.Ive done a lot of searching and I cannot seem to find simple steps on how to create a bootable 4GB flashdrive by Sandisk.I need to make my flashdrive bootable because my Windows Vista Home basic laptop is no longer functioning.I have a missing bootmanager.Last night I tried to create a bootable flashdrive using Unetbootin but it did not work.One of the workers at Microsoft Windows gave me the links to download to a bootable flashdrive from digital river,she gave me three links to download which are called X14-63452.exe,boot.wim,install.wim.When I download those files and tried to copy the image to Unetbootin it was unsuccessful.I plugged my flashdrive up to my laptop.It boot to a black screen saying Default click tab.I clicked on tab but it kept giving me a error No Default or UI configuration directive found!I was only able to load the boot.wim image.When I went to click on the other images X14-63452.exe and install.wim it would not copy them on Unetbootin.Im so confused by all of this because she told me one of the files is the Iso image but it never says which file is the Iso image.I really need some help on what is the best software to use to create a bootable flashdrive because Ive searched and searched and a lot of the steps are very difficult and hard to understand.Thank You.

Re: How can I make my Sandisk flashdrive bootable?

First of all you will need to run a utility on the device to make it bootable. HP make one such utility called the HP disk storage format tool. After that you will need to create an OS to install on the device. By default windows can not be install on removable media. for a OS that will install on removable media look into using linux or possibly Bart PE (a watered down version of XP) and Ultimate Boot disk.