Thread: Windows vista system restore is not working

Windows vista system restore is not working

I have Vista Ultimate, and I can not restore the system. I tried with other points of restoration and either. I have Norton antivirus. This enabled the restoration of the system. I made several attempts and finally could not do anything about this and could not make the restoration ? Does anyone can help me?

Re: Windows vista system restore is not working

Hope this help

First, turn off and turn back on System Restore by following these steps (irretrievably lost all restore points created):

1. Open Start, Run, type sysdm.cpl and click OK.
    2. Select the System Restore tab.
    3. Click on the Turn off System Restore check box (or off System Restore on all drives).
    4. Click OK and click Yes.
    5. Repeat the above steps but this time uncheck the box in item 3 above.

Having done this, try creating a new restore point and restore the system using that point.

Boot with the Vista DVD and repair options, do it from there . (Allows System Restore from the DVD, as opposed to XP not permitted).

Hi guys
    I need help to solve my problem.
    I can restore my system to an earlier point in safe mode. In normal mode, it does not work.
    I tried to find the solution on a lot of sites but nothing.
    I thank those who will want to help me.

try this procedure open any folder, tools, Folder Options, View, check Show hidden files and folders, right, right click new shortcut on the desktop, browse, and then successively c, windows, system 32 selects the file and restore : rstrui.exe, ok, next, in the field enter a name tape and complete system recovery drag and drop this shortcut in the System Tools folder of the Start Menu
    hope this helps

I too have a problem restoring my computer on I understood what to do but I do not know where the file system tools menu. And then what should we do?

I advise you first scan your computer for viruses and do a disk cleanup, is also in the C / windows / temp and delete everything in the temp folder.
    I enclose a link to all the problems of system restore .

I have the fix System Restore if you have the Windows CD, insert it in your reader

1. Start, Run, type:rundll32.exe advpack.dll, LaunchINFSection C: \ Windows \ Inf \ sr.inf and click ok
    2. without the Windows CD:type the same command line indicated above, a window asking you to indicate where is the file sr.sys.in the text area to copy the files from: type:
    3. C: \ WINDOWS \ ServicesPackFiles \ i386 Then click ok and the same window will open, this time typing:
    4. C: \ windows \ system32 \ dllcache and click ok

I have a problem for a few days. It was probably caused by a virus and also some configuration or something, but I'm not sure. Now the machine is clean but not System Restore work for me. By accessing the typical I get red cross and this message:

System Restore seems to not work properly on this system.
    The transfer syntax is not compatible with the RPC server. (0x800706C2)

I tried to manually and automatically activate a service that said something about RPC, but nothing.
    Please help

I think only Solution for Vista and XP turn off System Restore. It they have never been reliable, and only took place and system resources. Do not you think the idea ridiculous - Windows System Restore in Windows? I am using Norton Ghost, and what else want.