Thread: ’Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error’ on Windows Vista

’Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error’ on Windows Vista

can you tell me how can I resolve below mentioned error?
    ‘Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error in "RpcServerUseProtseq:ncacn_ip_tcp". Additional Data: Error Value: 1720.’
    I have installed Windows Vista on my computer.

Re: ’Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error’ on Windows Vista

Well looking at the situtuation i am suggetsing belwo mentioned steps to fix the matter.
    • You have to click on Start button and click on Run and type regeidt and press enter.
    • Browse for the following registry key.
    • Code:
      HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\RPC\INTERNET
    • You have to backup the key and after that delete the entire Internet Key.
    • After that restart the system.
    • Once you have completed with the above mentioned stuffs Task Scheduler will begin to work.

Re: ’Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error’ on Windows Vista

The Task Scheduler might not be running in Services so you are getting this error. So to start all the services that is required, go to Start and then in Search box type services.msc. After that look for Task Scheduler, Windows Event Log, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM Server Process Launcher. Double click on it to go on its properties and ensure that the startup type is set to Automatic and start the service. After that restart your computer and then check if the problem has disappeared.

Even I found a different solution for this problem. We need to click on Start and then type regedit in the search box. After that navigate to the resigistry key which is HKLM > System > CurrentcontrolSet > Services > Schedule. Now here you need to change the value from 2 to 3 string. Now restart your computer and you will not see any grayed out area. Hope this helps