Thread: windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause error with vista home premium

windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause error with vista home premium

Everytime I try to start my laptop I get a windows error recovery page. with the message below.

"windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

if windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix problem. if power was interrupted during startup choose start windows normally.

Launch startup repair (recommended)
    Start windows normally

Description: fix problems that are preventing windows from starting."

when i choose the launch startup repair it just brings me back to this page and when i choose start windows normally it restarts and then brings me back to this page.

the problem happend when i found my laptop in hibernation mode and when I tried to turn it on the screen remained blank, so I removed the charger and battery from the laptop and tried to restart it and then this appeared. There wasn't any new programmes installed the only thing that may have been added were windows updates.

Can anyone help? My computer is a fujitsu seimens amilo pi1505, with microsoft windows vista home premium.

Re: windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause error with vista home premium

Have you tried the repair option. If not, Vista does not erase your My Documents folder, unless you format the drive. You should be able to install over the old Vista. But you will loose your programs without re-installing them again. You will need the vista disc by the way to do a repair option which will solve this issue.

Re: windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause error with vista home premium

what if i dont have that disk is there anyway to download it or anything

Download is not possible. As windows is a commercial so you need to buy a copy of the same. But there is another option. You can get a trial copy of Windows vista. Just ask any of friend or colleague who own a Windows system. Ask for his disk and install Vista. This will be 90 days or 30 days trial copy you can try. Some torrent website provides illegal version of Windows. But they consist of many security issue.