Thread: How to rotate Windows Vista screen

How to rotate Windows Vista screen

Accidentally a kid at my home did something and the Vista screen is reversed. It is upside down. I cannot select options nor I know how to fix this as it was before. I restarted the pc, but the screen is still not on the right place. I want to know the key to fix this out. This might not be possible with a mouse. Does anyone knows about a easy fix for this. Thanks.

It is easy. You can do that with mouse also. There is a small display utility which appeared in the system tray. It is installed by the display driver. You have to click on that and there you can find the option to rotate screen back to normal. Or else click on the desktop and from your keyboard type Ctrl + Alt + DownArrow key. The screen will switch back to normal. This feature is available for those who want different alignment of screen. You can keep the monitor in vertical or horizontal position as per your need.

brummyfan Guest

re: How to rotate Windows Vista screen

To put it mildly, these effects are Vista issue and you need appropriate
    video cards to enable them. I can only hope whatever the future releases will
    provide some of the fabulous effects enabled. But at the moment we are short
    of any enterprising effects in Vista and its dull.

What about those which has gpu installed in them. The same process does not work. My friend has a issue but when we try to use the Ctrl + Alt combination it does not worked out. It can be managed to the GPU settings through a small control utility installed by it. It was a bit complicated to work on the tilted screen, but anyhow we managed to do that. Is there a way to completely disable this thing.

Try right clicking on your desktop and going to personalize, display settings and then advanced, in there somewhere there is usually the option to do this unless your video card doesn't support it. in this Rotate vista screen I found some trick on how to rotate screen under vista.

Thank you for the short cut trick that worked on my computer. I couldn't find the section in the control panel although I knew it was there.