Thread: Vista Cannot Read 2GB SD CARD

Vista Cannot Read 2GB SD CARD

I have recently found out that there is a Texas Instruments Card Reader in my computer which is labelled as PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller and I am trying to install its 64 bit driver, but am unable to access the SD cards. When i insert the 4gb Sd card in it then it tells me to format it, but when i try to do the same then it says that it is not able to format it and hence the card becomes useless. Any ideas what should be done here?

Could you tell us how you are formatting your SD card? Also do you get any other error messages? Have you checked if the same sd card can be read on any other different pc? Also you need to check from the Sd card that is its lock tab moved next to the lock? If it is then you will need to unlock the card by moving the tab towars the rear side which is towards that contacts end. Also there are 2 formats of SD card that you should know, the first one can be read in most of the card readers but the the other one which is called the SDHC card can be read only in their compatible readers or adapters. Hope that this information gives you some idea.

I used the registry fix method to solve this problem. All you have to do is just edit the registry to change the SD card settings on your computer. You need to first of all click on Start and then in the Search bar type regedit and then locate the following key from the below location and edit it:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlS* et001\Services\tifm21\Parameters
    Original Key Value: SDParam = 16 (Decimal)
    New Key Value: SDParam = 1

This registry key edit will definitely solve the problem for many users.

I have been searching for the "tifm21" and "SDParam" in the whole registry area but am not able to find it anywhere listed in my regedit. I guess that it depends of different type of card reader which isnt the same that i have with me. My only option now left is to change the card reader and buy a new one which will work properly. Thanks anyhow for the effort.