Thread: Acer Aspire 5100 synaptic touch pad

Acer Aspire 5100 synaptic touch pad

I have a Acer laptop which is running Windows Vista on it. All was working find until today, the synaptics touchpad all of a sudden has stopped working and therfore I have to use only the usb mouse all the time. I have tried installing the latest driver by downloading it from the Acer website but it isnt working. However, on startup, I checked that there is some response given by the touchpad but then it suddenly stops working completely. Before it stopped working I remember that i have used a software called Registry First Aid, but i have already restored all the registry files, still to no avail. Any ideas what should I do to solve this problem. Thanks.

Can you click on Start and then go to Control Panel and then on mouse settings you just have to click on Device settings tab and check to make sure if the touchpad is enabled there or not. Also, see to it that if somebody had hit the function key which is the FN key or the F7 key because it completely disables the touchpad.

I was pulling my hairs from last couple of hours by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again and again to get this thing working on my Acer laptop. I thought that when i connected my SANDISK pen drive in my computer, i messed something up and that is why the touchpad stopped working. But i never knew that i had pressed FN or F7 key on my laptop which has disabled the key. Now everything is working fine.