Thread: LAPTOP TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AFTER INSTALLING USB MOUSE???

Laptop Touchpad Not Working After Installing Usb Mouse???

I have a Toshiba Laptop and I want to use the touchpad when i diconnect the use mouse plugged in it. Usually, I dont like to use the usb mouse, which is used by many members in my families. But when ever i disconnect the mouse and try to use the synaptics mousepad, it doesnt work? What is the problem here I cannot understand, please suggest me what to do here. Thank you.

Re: Laptop Touchpad Not Working After Installing Usb Mouse???

I think on most of the laptop, there is a button to activate or deactivate the touchpad, yours might be a similar case. Try to search for that button that enables the touchpad on your laptop, since most of the times it cant be enabled automatically by just simply removing the usb mouse. You can also try to go in Control Panel and in Mouse option, click on Device Settings, you will come accross an option that will list the touchpad which will let you know whether it is enabled with a yes or no. If it is set on the option "no", then simply enable it by clicking on "yes" and the touchpad will start to work.

Below is a better explanation, just go through it and the problem will be solved:

• First go to Start and then to Control Panel.
    • After that click on Mouse icon.
    • After that click on the Hardware Tab. Note that on different laptop, here the option will be listed as Device Settings, so click on it.
    • You will then come accross an option to Enable Touchpad, just apply the settings and the touchpad will be enabled. Note on different laptop, touchpad name will be displayed here, on which you need to click and then enable it.

Try the above settings and it will definitely work for you.

Re: LAPTOP TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AFTER INSTALLING USB MOUSE???

I had the similar problem with my toshiba laptop. Try using the function keys, function f9 in this case, just choose the one with the touchpad icon, and then click Enable.

Re: LAPTOP TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AFTER INSTALLING USB MOUSE???

Toshiba ,laptop ,sattelite,vista Mouse Properties ..to Page Buttons,Pointers,...Device Settings, Your mouse is identified on scroldown Click to highlight example Yes Synaptics touchpad v6.3 Double click On highlighted blue line this opens banner ,left side is + overview+tapping Click on tapping, this opens ,banner ,That has enable tapping check box ...Then apply and , remove usb connect . and touch pad is active.