Thread: ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)

ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)

I am providing my problem in detail here and hope someone can guide me properly. I am using a Compaq 15" monitor. When I try to increase the resolution it fails. I am having a Compaq laptop. I am trying to configure dual monitor setup. Now I need a shared resolution of 1280x800 on both the screen. But somehow I am able to get a standard resolution only. Even though I am using the right video drivers. Later on I upgraded to Vista and nothing is working now. The specification of my system said that Vista will work on it, but somehow it is giving a poor display output.

Re: ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)

That is due to poor drivers. Ati has major issue with the Catalyst edition you have and due to that you are facing the issue. You must try one thing. There are different version of Catalyst available for Vista. You can try a bit older version and test back.

Re: ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)

If you are unable to get the resolution or if it is crashing then the video driver is not proper. You have t somehow locate a stable version for that. Sometime this kind of problem appear after a new driver installation. This is not stable with some system and cause resolution problem. You also won't be able to play any games on the same. So the best thing you can do is simply remove the driver. Re-install it back and test. If this works then it is fine. But if not then try to find a older version of the same and install it in your system. This will be enough to fix the issue.

Click on Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools. In that look for Event Viewer. In that you have to click on the error that you are facing. You can find a full description about the error. Just checkout which sys file is affected. Through that it will be easier for you to fix the problem. There can be some other application also causing the problem. You can try to re-download driver and try to install it. But it is essential that you must remove the older ones. Or else the issue will be constant. Try system restore to get old settings back.