Thread: Microsoft Bluetooth Stack for Vista [ MS USB BTH]

Microsoft Bluetooth Stack for Vista [ MS USB BTH]

Hi, I’m looking for compiled a list of Bluetooth USB dongles that work with the native Vista Driver. As a workaround I have tried a Belkin F8T009 adapter on my system but that doesn’t seems to be working. One of my friends even tried make it work by hacking its bth.inf so that it will install the drivers and make the devices paired but that resulted in protocol authentication errors due to initiating a data connection.

FYI, it is BT 1.2 and not the newer one that is 2.0. Also I don’t want to with any third party stacks; just want to use the MS native Bluetooth stack. So do you guys have any idea which adapter I can use in my situation? Also is there mistake am making as described above? Please help.

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Stack for Vista [ MS USB BTH]

I guess your Belkin F8T009 adapter should work here but the only problem is with the drivers. Though I don’t have the list of compiled Bluetooth dongles but I can say you that Broadcom (Widcomm) has a driver for all recent systems with recent chipsets. They also don’t require any hacking like you did above. Hence you should check them here http://www.broadcom.com/products/bluetooth_update.php

I too have a Widcomm (Broadcom) chip running with Windows Vista (64bit OS. After searching a lot I found the driver compatible with my system here. you should check installing this driver Luma. Let me know if it still wont work.

Actually someone has compiled a list: Microsoft! You have it in vista in your drivers under bt.inf

It should give you all the native accepted adapters with their numbers, the clones are not included, but you should have a good list to choose from.