Thread: Toshiba Bluetooth Stack license

Toshiba Bluetooth Stack license

I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista on my Sony Vaio laptop. Note that i dint do a fresh install on same. Now, everything works except the Sony driver that is supplied for the Bluetooth device. When i installed the bluetooth driver for this laptop, it told me that i can use it for only 30 days as a trial. Now that the 30 days are over, I cant use it anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the same driver but it said that the trial period is over and i can use it anymore and also tells me that I should ge the license from Toshiba. When i contact Toshiba, they are not giving me any help. So is there anyone from here who can help me out.

I think that you have downloaded a wrong version of the bluetooth driver from the toshiba website which is giving you the license expiration problem, and it seems you have downloaded from here - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download. So, it would be best if you can download and install the bluetooth driver for your sony model laptop from their official website.

Re: Toshiba Bluetooth Stack license

Hi,

I am trying to get the license for the bluetooth device, that i downloaded from the above mentioned link? Even I am getting the same message on the screen of my monitor saying that the trial has been expired and hence i am not able to use the bluetooth device on my laptop. I dont understand if it is a sony laptop, then why they have pre-installed the toshiba bluetooth drivers in this laptop. Can anyone please help me out to solve this issue.

Re: Toshiba Bluetooth Stack license

You have to go to the official sony website and download the drivers for the bluetooth from their or from this link. After that follow the below steps:
    • Connect the AC adapter and switch on the Bluetooth Module.
    • Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
    • Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click on its .exe file.
    • The installation will take a few minutes and after installation is completed the system will auto restart at once.