Thread: DVD-TV 878 Digital TV Tuner Driver for Windows Vista

DVD-TV 878 Digital TV Tuner Driver for Windows Vista

I had upgraded my system to Windows Vista Home Premium RC1. I was aware about the consequences of upgrading. I was fedup using XP. Now when it was done and all drivers were installed I connected DVD-TV 878 Digital TV Tuner card in my system. I use the same on Windows XP also. But to ensure that the setup goes properly I had removed the card. It was detected by Vista. I asked me the drive setup and I had provided the installation disc. But it said no drivers found. Also I thought that the driver would be included in Vista. The card is not working. It is just listed as unknown device in Device Manager. How can I make it work.

Try to remove the card and install it again. There are less chances that Vista will install a TV-Tuner type card on its own. You need to locate the right drivers or else the card will be usless on Vista. There are some download website that offers you to collect drivers. You can find the same and download it. You can also test it out. If that does not work then install XP and create a dual boot system.

Re: DVD-TV 878 Digital TV Tuner Driver for Windows Vista

You can try locating the same no the official site of your TV Tuner manufacturer. If it does not provide any driver support for Windows Vista then there is nothing you can do. But it is then you can try updating the same. Windows Update can also help you to get fresh driver update automatically. You don't really have to search the same manually. You can try that through Device Manager. Right click on that hardware and choose update drivers. You can then follow the onscreen instructions.

Re: DVD-TV 878 Digital TV Tuner Driver for Windows Vista

This is a very common issue when you upgrade your system. You are not able to get fresh drivers for the same. It is necessary that you must try to find out the same through a simple driver updater tool. I always use this whenever I go ahead with fresh setup. Finding each and every driver manually is a kind of time waste. It take a huge time to locate all kind of drivers and sometime there is a compatibility problem also. So here all you need to do is go ahead with some tool like DriverMax. This tools are available on the net. You can run them to find fresh drivers.