Thread: Generic RNDIS Driver for Windows Mobile 5

Generic RNDIS Driver for Windows Mobile 5

I have a HTC TyTN mobile device. It has Windows Mobile 5 edition OS. I am getting a message when I connect it to my pc. The message shows some RNDIS missing drivers and it is not working well. I am trying to do the same on Windows Vista. I had not installed ActiveSync yet. I want some help here to sync this device with my pc.

Re: Generic RNDIS Driver for Windows Mobile 5

Did you tried to found the driver on official website. It might be listed over there. There are number of download website that provides you free driver download. It is needed to allow the pc to identify the device. Just search for HTC RNDIS driver. You will find a number of links which allow you free download.

I was also having the same issue but I have fixed it now. You will need to install Activesync 4.5 first. Now if you connect your device and it asks you for the generic RNDIS driver then you can select the place of this driver but do not choose automatic. Just point Find New Hardware steps to this directory location - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers and press ok. After some time windows will install the driver and it will be working fine.

Even I am facing this similar problem and I have tried every other solution which does not work for me and doesnt even has the ability to turn off the advanced netwoking feature. I am sure that both ubuntu and Windows guest recognize the device but the guest wont intialize it. Whenever I go into the device manager then I am always getting an error message "ThePriceles
    device cannot start (code 10)"