Thread: Adding Kingston HyperX RAM on Windows Vista system

Adding Kingston HyperX RAM on Windows Vista system

I am having a gaming system that has Vista on it. The existing ram that I am using is 2GB regular stick. I want to upgrade the same. I found Kingston HyperX RAM are the best for gaming. I need some general idea on the same. I found this kits are expensive but somehow this looks to be me a kind of one time investment. I am going to use it on my existing pc. I had checked the hardware configuration which looks to be matched to my system specs. Will adding this ram is effective enough. I just need this for gaming purpose.

Re: Adding Kingston HyperX RAM on Windows Vista system

HyperX is a high end series ram from Kingston. This memory sticks are designed to give extreme performance. You can gain a bit more output here compared to regular ram sticks. There are three series here, Kingston HyperX Blue, Kingston HyperX Genesis and Kingston HyperX Predator. Which one you want to buy.

I can give you a short description of all the three series so that you can choose what to go for. Remember to check the hardware specification once again before buying it. If that does not match then you will face problem with compatibility. So below I am going to list all the model with a kind of short specification. Through which you will be able to understand the output here.

Blu Series

• Kingston HyperX Blue - 1GB, 2GB and 4GB kits DDR2 up to 800MHz and DDR3 upto 1333MHz–1600MHz.
    • Kingston HyperX Red - 8GB (single) and 4GB–16GB (kits). DDR3: 1333MHz–1600MHz.
    • Kingston HyperX Black - 8GB (with 4GB-16GB kits). Speeds up to 1600MHz

Genesis Series
    • Kingston HyperX 10th Anniversary Edition - 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB. DDR3: 1600MHz–2400MHz
    • Kingston HyperX PnP - 16GB (with 4GB, 8GB and 16GB kits). Speed: 2133 MHz
    • Kingston HyperX Lovo - 4GB, 8GB & 16GB. Speed 1600MHz

Predator Series
    • Kingston HyperX H2O - 8GB–16GB. Speed: 2666MHz
    • Kingston HyperX Beast - 8GB–64GB. Speed: 2400MHz

That looks like a really long list. I was not aware that Kingston is selling ram with maximum 2666Mhz. That ram will be awesome in performance. The output will be simply great here with overclocking features also. You can go with blu series. I think that will be appropriate with a desktop.

It is quiet important if you also test the proper config of each memory and then only go for purchase. Because ample of board does not supports ram higher than 1333Mhz. You will need a extreme performance board for the same. You can find that in the specification easily. And if your board is not great in RAM MHz then you go for lower power memory sticks. This will save your investment or else you will face issue with the same. Here for gaming pc adding a 8GB ram is more than enough. But for that it is essential that your system must be able to read that much amount of memory. Which is only possible in 64bit system architecture. Kingston has memory of 4GB stick with 1333 MHz and also 1600 MHz. You can use anyone of them depending the system specs. Because if it does not match the system will fail to boot and will also give you error on boot. Before buying a high end gaming ram it is recommended to checkout some reasonable models in the market. You can buy a 2GB ram stick much more cheaper then what you are looking in HyperX. I do not think that might fit well on old hardware. Try to post your complete system configuration here on which I would be able to provide you a better suggestion in purchase.

Why you want to go for such costly ram. I had seen this manufacturer just adds up cheesy offers on their product and in real you can get the same kind of work from others also. I will advice you to go with some regular memory stick. I think that will be more appropriate here.

It is correct that there are some more reasonable model available in the market. Through which you can get the same kind of performance. You just need to look for a DDR3 memory module with maximum 1000mhz or higher. That will do the job. Other than this I am also listing you some more ram sticks which lies in the top list of gaming performance. This would help you in choosing the right one. One of them is Corsair Vengeance. This is a extreme performance ram with great features and output. There are some different set of models available under it. Ample of them offers you 1600Mhz specification and works really nice on gaming pc. Another series which lies in the same line is G. Skill Ripjaws Series. They are also extreme performance ram and deliver great output. Whatever ram you buy if you are want appropriate output ensure that it must be not lower than 16000Mhz. The performance here also depend on your system. If your motherboard does not supports a 16000Mhz ram then it is just an waste of time. You must choose the ram stick which suits the best in your system depending on the hardware architecture.

I had recently bought a 4Gb DDR3 ram stick with 1333Mhz. The ram stick is simply great with nice output and better performance. I am having a dual gpu on my system which looks to be working extremely well in terms of performance. I think it is more appropriate to go for regular ram models instead of gaming one.