Thread: How to fix Device\Ide\IdePort0 Error

How to fix Device\Ide\IdePort0 Error

What does Device\Ide\IdePort0 error means. In Event Viewer>System, I see this same error many times. Sometimes in groups, sometimes not for hours when no one is on the computer. I don't get any on-screen errors but if I go to Device Manager and check the Primary IDE controller for my hard drive, the current mode will drop from Ultra DMA 5 to PIO mode after about 6 of these ATAPI errors. My hard drive is device0 on the Primary IDE channel and a DVD drive is the primary on the Secondary IDE channel. I don't know which, if either, are generating the errors.

Re: How to fix Device\Ide\IdePort0 Error

I had the same problem on a DVD. It seems to have a conflict with one of my 2 HDD. Iif you have a reader / writer, disconnect it and see if it work better. Other than this are you sure you are using an 80-pin IDE cable that is in good condition. If you are only using a 40-pin cable, you probably will get some errors when trying to communicate at UDMA5 speeds. Also is the length of the cable within the IDE guidelines. I believe 18" is the official longest length.

This error can be caused by a disk controller, or, more likely, a hard disk. The device \ Device \ Ide \ IdePort0-is the primary master drive which is C: \, if you will check it. The reasons can be many but the most basic are mentioned below:
    1. Any official information on the disk without spets.sredstv can not be repaired.
    2. Disk about die because of the huge number of bad sectors.
    3. Unstable operation of electronics drive, repairs and inappropriately handled.

Download some softwares like GetSMART and HDtach and test your drive at a time.

This is a 7 month old Gateway and I think the cable is correct. The BIOS says that a 80 pin conductor is installed. It looks like it is in good shape. I never would have found this error if I wasn't poking around in the event viewer (I received no pop-up errors or warnings). Is this a big deal. It could have been going on for months for all I know - Event Viewer only went back 7 days.