Thread: Error: Err1Err3

Error: Err1Err3

Hello, I’m stuck in serious problem with my laptop, tried everything to fix it but yet nothing worked. Need helps from you guys.

It is HP Pavilion DV5 1135 laptop running with Windows Vista. The system was working great since last 8 to 9 months when I bought it but now from past 3 days whenever I start it, I use get an error saying "Err1Err3" "No bootable Device --Press any key to continue" . And due to this I am not able to do anything on this laptop anymore.

Somebody please help me out with working solution. Thank you.

Re: Error: Err1Err3

Most probably there is some problem with your hardwares. According to the searches I have done regarding this error, it states that your system is not able to detect Hard drive or other hardwares such as power failure, motherboard failure or even could be any cable that is used during start up.

If the laptop is just 9 months old, than simply get to the service center and let them repair it under warranty.

I have seen many people specially with HP notebooks facing this problem. I guess there is nothing related here to Vista, but it is about HP hardware. Anyways, i found a discussion that will solve you problem. Check this http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop...bad/td-p/34463

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. I think taking it to the service center would be better idea because it is still under warranty and if i do anything myself, it could break the warranty as well, right ? I'll also check the thread first and let you know the results.

Most probably it occurs because of the hard drive failure, incase your laptop is no more under warranty or want to fix it yourself, than you will need to buy a new hard drive. But before that you might try running Diagnostics in the BIOS and running Primary Hard Disk Self Test. It's a non destructive test so it doesn't overwrite anything; I tried it on my HP laptop and it worked.