Thread: HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers

HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers

Earlier I was using Nokia 6021 that was able to connect without any problems with my Windows Vista Sp2 32bit computer over bluetooth stack. Last week I bought the new HTC Touch Pro 2 smartphone and the problem started. My vista system is just unable to recognize the phone over Bluetooth. Whenever I try to connect the same, it starts installing drivers but fails everytime with error.

During the installation when it comes to a stage 'Installing Bluetooth Peripheral Device', here comes the error saying something about missing some files and tells me to insert the disk. As far as I know my system don’t wants to recognize any mobile phone which runs on Windows Mobile 6.1. Anyone having any experience regarding this ? Any suggest how can I fix this problem?

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers

I don’t think that there is any problem with the PC, but it is with the mobile phone itself. But we just cannot blame the PC only, there are many Bluetooth that varies from so-called standards and some devices simply cannot connect and there is nothing you can do about it. The only way left and that is better is to use USB cable to connect windows mobile your computer. You should be happy if it sync all your data without wiping out your data during the process.

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers

Are you sure you using Vista SP2? Because as far as I know Service Pack 2 has expanded Bluetooth support with better reorganization and more Bluetooth functions compared to earlier ones. Anyways, if you are with SP2 and facing such problems than you should try going to http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php and click on download. Before downloading the installer will analyze your system to see if it is using Broadcom's Bluetooth chip. Just make sure to delete the old pairing and create a new pair once Broadcom's Bluetooth software is installed.

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing dri

Thanks a lot for your help shivinder however I managed to fix my problem meanwhile by following a procedure mentioned on XDA. I wanted to share here it assuming if people are having the same problem, this will help them:

• We should start connecting the Bluetooth device and wait until the system recognizes and installs drivers (obviously it is going to fail)
    • Next go to Device Manager and select Unknown Device, right click and select properties.
    • Click ‘Re-install Driver’ > "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" > "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".
    • Now you will get a new window listed with various manufacturers and drivers. Here select Microsoft and in the drivers pane, there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions.
    • Now just keep on clicking next until you get it finished.

That’s it. If after clicking finish you see any message saying “device is not configured properly or The device could not start” than restart this process again. It will work.