Thread: AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working

AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working

I have a Toshiba laptop which is running on Windows Vista. When ever I log into my computer, I am getting a Windows pop-up which is saying that it wants to complete some kind of installation or something similar. This thing started when I downloaded some updates the other day. I have already choosen the option of yes and no already but still i get the same pop-up windows over and over again. Even there is some issues with the finger scanner as well along with it. I am trying to find the roll back button which i read somewhere that it will help, but couldnt find it anywhere. Can anyone shed some lights on this issue and how to fix it?

Edit:

The proper error that i am getting is written below:
    Device Software Installation
    Windows will now finish installing software from the manufacturer of this device:
    AuthenTec Inc. AES1610
    Finish installing software (recommended)
    This additional software may be necessary for your device to function properly
    Ask me again later
    Windows will ask again the next time you plug in your device or log on.
    Cancel

Even i had a similar case and I even tried to remove and reinstall the drivers but it still didnt work. After that when i went to the system tray and right clicked on the TrueSuite and exited the program and then restarted the machine, the dvd drive seems to be working fine now. If this thing doesnt work then you will have to wait for a patch that microsoft may be releasing in the future. Other than that you can try to do a factory restore of your computer and see if that can help you.

Even i was facing same issues and the method that i used to fix this problem was by installing it with Administrator Account. I went to local users and groups and enabled the administrator account, since it is disabled by default in Windows Vista. After that i restarted my pc and then logged into the Administrator account and then install the AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update and restarted the pc again. After that when i went to my admin account again, then problem was gone. After that i just logged off from the admin account and then logged in to the regular account and then the issue was not there anymore. Hope that it helps anybody who is facing this isssue.

I was having the same problem but i resolved it by deleting all the files in the Users>[user name]>appdata>local>temp folder. After that i reinstalled the original version of the AuthenTec Inc AES1610 manager 1.1.13. Since i had a Toshiba laptop, I had the original version in the C:\TOSAPINS\Authenec-Fingerprint-Utility location and then i ran the setup.exe file on it and it worked for me pretty well.