Thread: Life Is Strange crashing while loading

Life Is Strange crashing while loading

I have installed Life Is Strange game on my pc and when I click on the Play button then it will start to load but soon after it will crash to desktop. Sometimes after a few tries it will launch and I can play the episode for a while but again it will crash. I have already tried to play this game with Compatability mode but still that didnt work as suppose to be. I have a gaming build with the latest drivers for graphics and everything installed. So, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Re: Life Is Strange crashing while loading

Have you tried verifying the game cache and checked if that is working for you:
    • Load Steam
    • From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    • Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    • Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    • Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

More information is given here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

I was also experiencing the same crashing problem with Life is Strange game on my pc. It looks to be that the game was randomly freezing on my pc but was not really crashing after the UnReal logo comes up. After I repaired the installation of this game, everything seems have be solved out. I am now playing this game continuously for about 2-3 hours and have not faced a single freezing now. So try this out and let me know if it worked.

For me, this game was giving error message every time I launched it which stated "Life Is Strange has stopped working". I also tried to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Also did the "verify the game cache" workaround which didnt work. Finally, after a lot of research I was able to solve it by going to Control Panel > Region > Administrative > Current Language for Non Unicode program and set it to English(US) and then apply it and rebooted computer. Now there is no problem with this game.

Hi
    I'm not sure if people are still looking on this but I had bought life is strange and completed episode 1 no problem, now I want to play episode 2 the game crashes much like you have been describing, I tried what robodue tried but it didn't work, I have also updated PhysX because I read it installed an old version but none of it has worked, I also get the problem now with Dishonoured which also uses Unreal Engine and it shows a similar message. I have attached a picture showing the error message (I do use win7 I just like the classic theme)
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by hazamontsta View Post
    Hi
    I'm not sure if people are still looking on this but I had bought life is strange and completed episode 1 no problem, now I want to play episode 2 the game crashes much like you have been describing, I tried what robodue tried but it didn't work, I have also updated PhysX because I read it installed an old version but none of it has worked, I also get the problem now with Dishonoured which also uses Unreal Engine and it shows a similar message. I have attached a picture showing the error message (I do use win7 I just like the classic theme)
    Thanks
    Is there any program called Muvizu installed in your pc, if so, then try to uninstall and reinstall it and check if this solves the issue.

No I haven't, should I install the program anyway?

No I haven't, should I install the program anyway?
    Even for me the game was crashing in the first part of Episode 2 in the dorms or just outside. After that once the game moved to the diner and beyond then it did not crash for me anymore. You need to take no action to try and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by mario2 View Post
    Even for me the game was crashing in the first part of Episode 2 in the dorms or just outside. After that once the game moved to the diner and beyond then it did not crash for me anymore. You need to take no action to try and fix it.
    The problem is that I cant even get to the main menu any more, before I completed the first episode without a hitch but now it cant even get past the Unreal engine logo on start-up, it doesn't make any sense as I haven't changed any hardware in the meantime

The problem is that I cant even get to the main menu any more, before I completed the first episode without a hitch but now it cant even get past the Unreal engine logo on start-up, it doesn't make any sense as I haven't changed any hardware in the meantime
    I found a solution for this problem on Windows 8 where you need to also start applocale.msi in compatible mode or else it will not install. Check the below thread for more information:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...1-ae2283c0a6c9