Thread: Resident Evil Revelations 2 stuttering and frame drops fix

Resident Evil Revelations 2 stuttering and frame drops fix

I had recently purchased Resident Evil Revelations 2 on my pc. The game installed itself without any problems with all the updates that came with it. But after launching this game I am noticing to much stuttering and frame drops due to which the game is very laggy and unplayable. I also tried to play it on lower settings but there was still the same problem. This game doesnt requires to much of high end computer so why is it having so much of problems? Any ideas

Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 stuttering and frame drops fix

Yes, even when I am playing this game I have noticed that when there is jerkyness of the character then the screen stops for a fraction of second and then continues to move on. This happens when we visit some unlocked areas as well. The only way I was able to solve this issue was to go in options and cap the framerate to 60 and turned on VSync as well, afterwards it fixed the problem on my computer.

The same problem was faced by many players on Resident Evil HD REMASTER and to fix this issue they downloaded a dll file called 'D3D9.DLL' and pasted it in the game folder to fix the slow motion on Resident Evil Revelations 2. Just search for 'D3D9.DLL' file from google from a proper website and then paste it in this folder - C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 or something else as per your installation. I dont know if this will fix the problem completely but still you can give it a try.

The developers of this game have recently released Patch Version 1.0.1 to fix the stuttering issue in Resident Evil Revelations 2. Just restart Steam client and download this patch on your pc. They have also mentioned that you will have to set framerate to "60" or "30" in-game and enable v-sync incase you want to avoid any animation stutter. If still this doesnt work then update your graphics card driver or else wait for another patch release to fix this issue.

Search Google/duckduck for a D3D9.DL, pull it from some server and use it in the game folder? That's THE most worst answer someone can give! Don't ever do such a thing!

• Only use vendors original files, changes are (great) you will create a backdoor in you're pc using DLL's other then the original one's!
    • You allready have the DLL installed because you installed DirectX.
    • If you really want to place that dll in the game folder then its a lot smarter to query c:\windows\system32 for the file and use that one.
    • Above wil not count when it comes to external shaders like SweetFX/Reshade. But again, only use the files from the coders then self.

I had the same problem but once I noticed the option to put frame rate at a fixed 30FPS the problem was solved. V-synch usually causes lag because you're CPU clock needs to synchronise the 2 parts you're LCD screen is made off. Low latency displays don't really need it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by megnatar View Post
    Search Google/duckduck for a D3D9.DL, pull it from some server and use it in the game folder? That's THE most worst answer someone can give! Don't ever do such a thing!

• Only use vendors original files, changes are (great) you will create a backdoor in you're pc using DLL's other then the original one's!
    • You allready have the DLL installed because you installed DirectX.
    • If you really want to place that dll in the game folder then its a lot smarter to query c:\windows\system32 for the file and use that one.
    • Above wil not count when it comes to external shaders like SweetFX/Reshade. But again, only use the files from the coders then self.

I had the same problem but once I noticed the option to put frame rate at a fixed 30FPS the problem was solved. V-synch usually causes lag because you're CPU clock needs to synchronise the 2 parts you're LCD screen is made off. Low latency displays don't really need it anyway.

Yes, I disabled V-sync but still there was some problem, so I verified the game cache and it downloaded something and now the game runs fine.

Good. The developers probably where not aware that most machines now day's are lightning fast. Even though the game is a remaster, gpu's render to quick so the software could not keep up with the hardware. Thus resulting in stuttering.........

Don't underestimate the power of you're flops

Solved, thats good. Develops probably forgot that most pc's now day's are pretty fast. Even though the game is a remaster to HD, you're GPU was spitting out more frames then the game could handle. So the software could not keep up with the hardware thus resulting in stuttering.....

Don't underestimate the power of you're flops .

Later......