Thread: Total War: ATTILA crash at title screen fix

Total War: ATTILA crash at title screen fix

I have recently downloaded and installed Total War: ATTILA game from Steam on my pc. When I launch this game then there is no problem but as soon as it gets to the title screen then it crashes every now and then. I have updated the graphics drivers to the latest and have also tried reinstalling the game many times but still it is not working. Is there any solution to this problem so that I can get it to working? Thanks

Re: Total War: ATTILA crash at title screen fix

This problem seems to be happening with AMD graphics card owners at the moment, dont know if it is happening with Nvidia card owners as well though. First make sure that all your graphics card driver and all other drivers for audio, chipset, etc; are upto date. You should also try to update your Windows system to the latest. Also keep your pc clean from malwares by scanning with some good antivirus and anti-adwares software.

There was a user who was able to solve this problem with a workaround, so I dont know if it will work for you or not, but give it a try. First of all open Command Prompt as administrator through Start Menu. After that type the below 2 commands one at a time and then press Enter:

1.netsh int ip reset reset.txt
    2.netsh winsock reset

After that restart your computer and launch the game and test if it is working fine this time or not.

I have heard that if you verify the game cache then it downloads 12 files via Steam. So try to do that and see if that helps:
    1. Load Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

More information is given here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335