Thread: Raven's Cry keeps crashing on my pc

Raven's Cry keeps crashing on my pc

I have installed Raven's Cry in my system and even though this game looks nice but it keeps crashing on my computer. After installing the latest patch and starting a new game I am not able to get very far because of the crash and freezing problem every now and then. This problem also happens at cut scenes most of the time. I have a goot GTX 600 series card, i5 core processor. I am able to play other games without any issues? Can anyone please help?

Re: Raven's Cry keeps crashing on my pc

Have you tried turning of the HD content in the game menu, this way the cut scenes in the game will not use the HD content pack which might be causing the crashing. Even I am using a Nvidia graphics card and its drivers seems to be not totally optimized which is giving bad frame rates while gameplay. It was noted that Nvidia cards need to get some better optimization for this game. Try to turn off steam overlay as well and see what it does.

You can try to verify the game cache and see if that works for you:
    1. Load Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

More information is given here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

A new Patch 1.01 version was released for Raven's Cry. You should try to install it first and then start to play the game from start. Also try to play the game on medium settings and turn off VSync as well. Did you also check the screen resolution? It might be possible that your screen resolution might be set higher than your monitor can handle. Also try to run the game.exe file as admin and under compatability mode.