Thread: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell crash at startup

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell crash at startup

I recently bought Saints Row: Gat out of Hell from Steam and have installed it successfully in my pc. But after getting to the start of the game, I am getting a black screen and then the game stops working. I am running a high end computer with everything running on maximum settings. All the graphics driver and every other drivers are upto date. I dont want to reinstall this game again because it is kind of irritating. So does anyone else has got a solution for this? Thanks

Re: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell crash at startup

Can you try to disable the SLI or Nvidia Surround if you have that enabled in the option and you are using 2 cards in SLI in your system. One fix you can also try is to open the display.ini file and set the fullscreen to false. Another solution that you can try is to right click on the .exe file and then go to Properties and then compatibility mode and check to run as administrator. After that double click on the game.exe file and then see if the problem vanishes or not.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

One of the developer of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell said that this game imports the boss from the latest local of Saints Row 4 save game files. There are many players who have said that different hairstyles on this game's boss will cause it to crash. They are going to release a patch soon, but as a temporary solution you can try to load this game and remove the Eastern Angles or Totes Kawaii hairstyle and select that is not from the DLC and then save the game.

Have you tried to verify Integrity of Game Cache and tested if that is working:
    • Load Steam
    • From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    • Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache button.
    • Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    • Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

More information is given here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335