Thread: theHunter: Primal freezes all the time

theHunter: Primal freezes all the time

I have recently purchased a new game called theHunter: Primal from Steam and have installed it properly on my pc. When I try to start the game, it will not launch at all. It seems to be frozed while launching. I have already tried to reinstall this game but to no avail. Also, all the graphics driver and all are update in my pc. All other games are launching fine and I can play without any freeze. So, is there any kind of problem with this game itself? Any ideas

Re: theHunter: Primal freezes all the time

Even I am facing this same problem and there are no error messages as well. The main trouble is that I am forced to reboot my computer to get back to desktop because of the freeze and no keys or anything will work. Even when I try to click on the Play Now button then it will take a couple of seconds and then the screen will turn black and nothing will happen. What should I do to fix this issue?

Just try to delete the whole game folder and redownload it to the default Steam location on the C drive. If you are downloading this game on your second drive then it might be a cause of the problem. So, try to install this game in the same folder where Windows is installed. Also try to install it in the same folder which is the standard one - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common. This will surely help you to launch and play the game normally.

Did you try to verify the integrity of game cache and checked if that works:
    • Load Steam
    • From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    • Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    • Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    • Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335