Thread: After installing patch of Dragon Age: Inquisition, game pauses randomly

After installing patch of Dragon Age: Inquisition, game pauses randomly

I just got my hands on Dragon Age: Inquisition and installed it properly in my pc. There were quite stuterring problems in the game so I immediately installed its patch. But after installing it, even though the game is playable still it pauses randomly for 3-4 seconds. This is happening at the title screen or while playing or in conversation. Actually, when the game pauses then it seems like the fan of my graphics card stops or slows down? So is this a game issue or my video card issue?

Re: After installing patch of Dragon Age: Inquisition, game pauses randomly

What is the CPU that you are using. It might be possible that your CPU usage is going to 100% while you are playing the game, can you check that. I cannot say for sure whether the patch has made it really bad for your game but before using this patch even I was getting 99% usage as well. You can try to reinstall the game again and this time dont install the patch unless another proper fix is released for this game.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Even I am facing this same problem, after installing this patch I get a random 2-3 seconds freezes in Dragon Age Inquistion. The patch made it worse and now the game is not even playable at all. I have tried every other settings possible and also changed resolution to the desktop but still the game pauses while gameplay. Have all the recent graphics driver update, changing settings but nothing is working. Seems the patch itself is broken.

There was some member on Bioware community who said that this problem is caused by audio drivers and when he deleted all the drivers then Dragon Age Inquistion started to work perfectly. It may be different on different PCs so what you can do is try to open Task Manager and go to Process Tab and check which one is using more processes when you run the game, just end its task completely and see if that works.